Acute pulmonary admissions following implementation of a national workplace smoking ban.
AffiliationDepartment of Respiratory Medicine, Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. email@example.com
MeSHAcute Coronary Syndrome
Emergency Service, Hospital
Tobacco Smoke Pollution
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAcute pulmonary admissions following implementation of a national workplace smoking ban. 2012, 142 (3):673-9 Chest
AbstractThe implementation of workplace smoking bans has contributed to a significant reduction in the incidence of acute coronary syndrome admissions, but their influence on adult acute pulmonary disease admissions is unclear. We sought to assess the impact of a national smoking ban on nationwide admissions of individuals of working age with acute pulmonary illness.
- Acute respiratory and cardiovascular admissions after a public smoking ban in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Authors: Humair JP, Garin N, Gerstel E, Carballo S, Carballo D, Keller PF, Guessous I
- Issue date: 2014
- Impact of a national smoking ban on hospital admission for acute coronary syndromes: a longitudinal study.
- Authors: Cronin EM, Kearney PM, Kearney PP, Sullivan P, Perry IJ, Coronary Heart Attack Ireland Registry (CHAIR) Working Group.
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- The impact of the Danish smoking ban on hospital admissions for acute myocardial infarction.
- Authors: Christensen TM, Møller L, Jørgensen T, Pisinger C
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Assessing the effects of the Spanish partial smoking ban on cardiovascular and respiratory diseases: methodological issues.
- Authors: Galán I, Simón L, Flores V, Ortiz C, Fernández-Cuenca R, Linares C, Boldo E, Medrano MJ, Pastor-Barriuso R
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 1
- Hospital admissions for acute myocardial infarction, angina, stroke, and asthma after implementation of Arizona's comprehensive statewide smoking ban.
- Authors: Herman PM, Walsh ME
- Issue date: 2011 Mar