Diagnostic accuracy of computed tomography using lower doses of radiation for patients with Crohn's disease.
Walsh, Elizabeth Kenny
AffiliationDepartments of Medicine and Radiology, Cork University Hospital and Alimentary Pharmabiotic Centre, University College Cork, National University of Ireland, Cork, Ireland.
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDiagnostic accuracy of computed tomography using lower doses of radiation for patients with Crohn's disease. 2012, 10 (8):886-92 Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol.
JournalClinical gastroenterology and hepatology : the official clinical practice journal of the American Gastroenterological Association
AbstractMagnetic resonance and ultrasonography have increasing roles in the initial diagnosis of Crohn's disease, but computed tomography (CT) with positive oral contrast agents is most frequently used to identify those with acute extramural complications. However, CT involves exposure of patients to radiation. We prospectively compared the diagnostic accuracy of low-dose CT (at a dose comparable to that used to obtain an abdominal radiograph) with conventional-dose CT in patients with active Crohn's disease.
- A prospective feasibility study of sub-millisievert abdominopelvic CT using iterative reconstruction in Crohn's disease.
- Authors: O'Neill SB, Mc Laughlin PD, Crush L, O'Connor OJ, Mc Williams SR, Craig O, Mc Garrigle AM, O'Neill F, Bye J, Ryan MF, Shanahan F, Maher MM
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Pure Iterative Reconstruction Improves Image Quality in Computed Tomography of the Abdomen and Pelvis Acquired at Substantially Reduced Radiation Doses in Patients With Active Crohn Disease.
- Authors: McLaughlin PD, Murphy KP, Twomey M, OʼNeill SB, Moloney F, OʼConnor OJ, OʼRegan K, McSweeney S, McGarrigle AM, Moore N, Bye J, Shanahan F, Maher MM
- Issue date: 2016 Mar-Apr
- Low-dose CT examinations in Crohn's disease: Impact on image quality, diagnostic performance, and radiation dose.
- Authors: Kambadakone AR, Prakash P, Hahn PF, Sahani DV
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Radiation doses from small-bowel follow-through and abdominopelvic MDCT in Crohn's disease.
- Authors: Jaffe TA, Gaca AM, Delaney S, Yoshizumi TT, Toncheva G, Nguyen G, Frush DP
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Comparison of conventional abdominal CT with MR-enterography in patients with active Crohn's disease and acute abdominal pain.
- Authors: Schreyer AG, Hoffstetter P, Daneschnejad M, Jung EM, Pawlik M, Friedrich C, Fellner C, Strauch U, Klebl F, Herfarth H, Zorger N
- Issue date: 2010 Mar