A pilot study to profile the lower limb musculoskeletal health in children with obesity.
AffiliationPhysiotherapy Department, Children's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Body Mass Index
Range of Motion, Articular
Statistics as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA pilot study to profile the lower limb musculoskeletal health in children with obesity. 2012, 24 (3):292-8 Pediatr Phys Ther
JournalPediatric physical therapy : the official publication of the Section on Pediatrics of the American Physical Therapy Association
Abstract: Evidence suggests a negative effect of obesity on musculoskeletal health in children. A pilot study was undertaken to investigate the presence of musculoskeletal impairments in children with obesity and to explore the relationships among body mass index, physical activity, and musculoskeletal measures.
- Musculoskeletal pain in obese compared with healthy-weight children.
- Authors: Tsiros MD, Buckley JD, Howe PR, Walkley J, Hills AP, Coates AM
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Reduced physical fitness in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Authors: Lukács A, Mayer K, Juhász E, Varga B, Fodor B, Barkai L
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- The musculoskeletal manifestations of Prader-Willi syndrome.
- Authors: Shim JS, Lee SH, Seo SW, Koo KH, Jin DK
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- Effects of aerobic endurance, muscle strength, and motor control exercise on physical fitness and musculoskeletal injury rate in preprofessional dancers: an uncontrolled trial.
- Authors: Mistiaen W, Roussel NA, Vissers D, Daenen L, Truijen S, Nijs J
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Relation between physical fitness and gross motor capacity in children and adolescents with cerebral palsy.
- Authors: Verschuren O, Ketelaar M, Gorter JW, Helders PJ, Takken T
- Issue date: 2009 Nov