Heritability of childhood weight gain from birth and risk markers for adult metabolic disease in prepubertal twins.
Ong, Ken K
Ahmed, M Lynn
Zhao, Jing Hua
Peeters, Maarten W
Dunger, David B
AffiliationDepartment of Paediatrics, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Box 116, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, United Kingdom.
Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay
Metabolic Syndrome X
Metabolism, Inborn Errors
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHeritability of childhood weight gain from birth and risk markers for adult metabolic disease in prepubertal twins. 2009, 94 (10):3708-13 J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab.
JournalThe Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism
AbstractAssociations between size at birth, postnatal weight gain, and potential risk for adult disease have been variably explained by in utero exposures or genetic risk that could affect both outcomes. We utilized a twin model to explore these hypotheses.
- Genetic and environmental factors in associations between infant growth and adult cardiometabolic risk profile in twins.
- Authors: Touwslager RN, Gielen M, Mulder AL, Gerver WJ, Zimmermann LJ, Dagnelie PC, Houben AJ, Stehouwer CD, Derom C, Vlietinck R, Loos RJ, Zeegers MP
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- [Heritability of the risk factors characteristic for the metabolic syndrome: a twin study].
- Authors: Jermendy G, Littvay L, Steinbach R, Jermendy A, Tárnoki A, Tárnoki D, Métneki J, Osztovits J
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 7
- Birth Weight, Postnatal Weight Gain, and Childhood Adiposity in Relation to Lipid Profile and Blood Pressure During Early Adolescence.
- Authors: Van Hulst A, Barnett TA, Paradis G, Roy-Gagnon MH, Gomez-Lopez L, Henderson M
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 4
- Birth weight is nongenetically associated with glucose intolerance in elderly twins, independent of adult obesity.
- Authors: Grunnet L, Vielwerth S, Vaag A, Poulsen P
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- The metabolic syndrome in twins: a consequence of low birth weight or of being a twin?
- Authors: Bo S, Cavallo-Perin P, Ciccone G, Scaglione L, Pagano G
- Issue date: 2001