AffiliationDepartments of Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Children's University Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin, Ireland. eimearconroy04@eircom
MeSHEllis-Van Creveld Syndrome
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSternoplasty and rib distraction in neonatal Jeune syndrome. 2010, 30 (6):527-30 J Pediatr Orthop
JournalJournal of pediatric orthopedics
AbstractA 12-week-old boy with Jeune syndrome (asphyxiating thoracic dystrophy) was referred to the orthopaedic unit with progressive respiratory failure, recurrent respiratory tract infections, and recurrent admissions to the intensive care unit for ventilatory support. His chest x-ray revealed a small and narrow thoracic cage with short broad ribs and abnormal costal cartilages. His chest expansion was impaired by the short, horizontally positioned ribs resulting in alveolar hypoventilation. Without surgical intervention to expand his thoracic cage, he would die of respiratory failure.
- Lateral thoracic expansion in a preterm baby with asphyxiating thoracic dystrophy.
- Authors: Andrade CF, Cardoso PF, Felicetti JC
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Successful recovery from respiratory failure by external distraction sternoplasty in a patient with Jeune syndrome.
- Authors: Park S, Kang CH, Park IK, Kim YT
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Mortality and life-threatening events after vertical expandable prosthetic titanium rib surgery in children with hypoplastic chest wall deformity.
- Authors: Betz RR, Mulcahey MJ, Ramirez N, Flynn JM, Smith JT, St Hilaire T, Campbell RM
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- One-stage sequential bilateral thoracic expansion for asphyxiating thoracic dystrophy (Jeune syndrome).
- Authors: Muthialu N, Mussa S, Owens CM, Bulstrode N, Elliott MJ
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Distraction osteogenesis of the sternum for thoracic expansion in a severe case of jeune syndrome: a preliminary report.
- Authors: Imai Y, Kitanishi R, Saiki Y, Takeda A, Tachi M
- Issue date: 2016 Jun