Evidence to support IL-13 as a risk locus for psoriatic arthritis but not psoriasis vulgaris.
Warren, Richard B
Ryan, Anthony W
Morgan, Ann W
Griffiths, Christopher E M
Bruce, Ian N
AffiliationArthritis Research UK Epidemiology Unit, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
Age of Onset
Genetic Predisposition to Disease
Polymorphism, Single Nucleotide
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEvidence to support IL-13 as a risk locus for psoriatic arthritis but not psoriasis vulgaris. 2011, 70 (6):1016-9 Ann. Rheum. Dis.
PublisherAnnals of the rheumatic diseases
JournalAnnals of the rheumatic diseases
AbstractThere is great interest in the identification of genetic factors that differentiate psoriatic arthritis (PsA) from psoriasis vulgaris (PsV), as such discoveries could lead to the identification of distinct underlying aetiological pathways. Recent studies identified single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the interleukin 13 (IL-13) gene region as risk factors for PsV. Further investigations in one of these studies found the effect to be primarily restricted to PsA, thus suggesting the discovery of a specific genetic risk factor for PsA. Given this intriguing evidence, association to this gene was investigated in large collections of PsA and PsV patients and healthy controls.
- Investigation of 20 non-HLA (human leucocyte antigen) psoriasis susceptibility loci in Chinese patients with psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis vulgaris.
- Authors: Yang Q, Liu H, Qu L, Fu X, Yu Y, Yu G, Tian H, Yu Y, Sun D, Peng J, Bao F, Yuan C, Lu N, Li J, Zhang Y, Zhang F
- Issue date: 2013 May
- IL13 gene polymorphism is a marker for psoriatic arthritis among psoriasis patients.
- Authors: Eder L, Chandran V, Pellett F, Pollock R, Shanmugarajah S, Rosen CF, Rahman P, Gladman DD
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene promoter region alter the risk of psoriasis vulgaris and psoriatic arthritis: a meta-analysis.
- Authors: Zhu J, Qu H, Chen X, Wang H, Li J
- Issue date: 2013
- Variants in linkage disequilibrium with the late cornified envelope gene cluster deletion are associated with susceptibility to psoriatic arthritis.
- Authors: Bowes J, Flynn E, Ho P, Aly B, Morgan AW, Marzo-Ortega H, Coates L, McManus R, Ryan AW, Kane D, Korendowych E, McHugh N, FitzGerald O, Packham J, Bruce IN, Barton A
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Investigation of 36 non-HLA (human leucocyte antigen) psoriasis susceptibility loci in a psoriatic arthritis cohort.
- Authors: Zhang Z, Yuan J, Tian Z, Xu J, Lu Z
- Issue date: 2017 Mar