Variants in linkage disequilibrium with the late cornified envelope gene cluster deletion are associated with susceptibility to psoriatic arthritis.
Morgan, Ann W
Ryan, Anthony W
Bruce, Ian N
AffiliationArthritis Research UK Epidemiology Unit, Stopford Building, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK.
Chromosomes, Human, Pair 1
Cornified Envelope Proline-Rich Proteins
Genetic Predisposition to Disease
Polymorphism, Single Nucleotide
MetadataShow full item record
CitationVariants in linkage disequilibrium with the late cornified envelope gene cluster deletion are associated with susceptibility to psoriatic arthritis. 2010, 69 (12):2199-203 Ann. Rheum. Dis.
PublisherAnnals of the rheumatic diseases
JournalAnnals of the rheumatic diseases
AbstractA common deletion mapping to the psoriasis susceptibility locus 4 on chromosome 1q21, encompassing two genes of the late cornified envelope (LCE) gene cluster, has been associated with an increased risk of psoriasis vulgaris (PsV). One previous report found no association of the deletion with psoriatic arthritis (PsA), suggesting it may be a specific risk factor for PsV. Given the genetic overlap between PsA and PsV, a study was undertaken to investigate whether single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) mapping to this locus are risk factors for PsA in a UK and Irish population.
- Deletion of LCE3C and LCE3B genes at PSORS4 does not contribute to susceptibility to psoriatic arthritis in German patients.
- Authors: Hüffmeier U, Estivill X, Riveira-Munoz E, Traupe H, Wendler J, Lohmann J, Böhm B, Burkhardt H, Reis A
- Issue date: 2010 May
- Association between LCE gene polymorphisms and psoriasis vulgaris among Mongolians from Inner Mongolia.
- Authors: Sun L, Cao Y, He N, Han J, Hai R, Arlud S, He B, Wu W, Li L, Su X, Cui H, Zhao W, Chao B, Liu D, Sun Z, Huang Y
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Deletion of late cornified envelope genes, LCE3C_LCE3B-del, is not associated with psoriatic arthritis in Tunisian patients.
- Authors: Chiraz BS, Myriam A, Ines Z, Catherine J, Fatma B, Ilhem C, Raoudha T, Hela Z, Hela F, Elyes B, Nejib D, Cindy H, Amel E, Slaheddine S
- Issue date: 2014 Jun
- Evidence to support IL-13 as a risk locus for psoriatic arthritis but not psoriasis vulgaris.
- Authors: Bowes J, Eyre S, Flynn E, Ho P, Salah S, Warren RB, Marzo-Ortega H, Coates L, McManus R, Ryan AW, Kane D, Korendowych E, McHugh N, FitzGerald O, Packham J, Morgan AW, Griffiths CE, Bruce IN, Worthington J, Barton A
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Genome-wide Association Analysis of Psoriatic Arthritis and Cutaneous Psoriasis Reveals Differences in Their Genetic Architecture.
- Authors: Stuart PE, Nair RP, Tsoi LC, Tejasvi T, Das S, Kang HM, Ellinghaus E, Chandran V, Callis-Duffin K, Ike R, Li Y, Wen X, Enerbäck C, Gudjonsson JE, Kõks S, Kingo K, Esko T, Mrowietz U, Reis A, Wichmann HE, Gieger C, Hoffmann P, Nöthen MM, Winkelmann J, Kunz M, Moreta EG, Mease PJ, Ritchlin CT, Bowcock AM, Krueger GG, Lim HW, Weidinger S, Weichenthal M, Voorhees JJ, Rahman P, Gregersen PK, Franke A, Gladman DD, Abecasis GR, Elder JT
- Issue date: 2015 Dec 3