Whole-Body MRI versus PET in assessment of multiple myeloma disease activity.
AuthorsShortt, Conor P
Gleeson, Tadhg G
Breen, Karen A
O'Connell, Martin J
O'Gorman, Peter J
Eustace, Stephen J
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Aged, 80 and over
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Predictive Value of Tests
Sensitivity and Specificity
Whole Body Imaging
MetadataShow full item record
CitationWhole-Body MRI versus PET in assessment of multiple myeloma disease activity. 2009, 192 (4):980-6 AJR Am J Roentgenol
PublisherAJR. American journal of roentgenology
JournalAJR. American journal of roentgenology
AbstractThe purpose of this study was to compare FDG PET; whole-body MRI; and the reference standard, bone marrow aspiration and biopsy, to determine the best imaging technique for assessment of disease activity in multiple myeloma.
- Comparative study of fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance imaging for the detection of spinal bone marrow infiltration in untreated patients with multiple myeloma.
- Authors: Hur J, Yoon CS, Ryu YH, Yun MJ, Suh JS
- Issue date: 2008 May
- 18F-FDG PET/CT, 99mTc-MIBI, and MRI in evaluation of patients with multiple myeloma.
- Authors: Fonti R, Salvatore B, Quarantelli M, Sirignano C, Segreto S, Petruzziello F, Catalano L, Liuzzi R, Rotoli B, Del Vecchio S, Pace L, Salvatore M
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- A prospective comparison of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography-computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and whole-body planar radiographs in the assessment of bone disease in newly diagnosed multiple myeloma.
- Authors: Zamagni E, Nanni C, Patriarca F, Englaro E, Castellucci P, Geatti O, Tosi P, Tacchetti P, Cangini D, Perrone G, Ceccolini M, Brioli A, Buttignol S, Fanin R, Salizzoni E, Baccarani M, Fanti S, Cavo M
- Issue date: 2007 Jan
- Value of FDG PET in the assessment of patients with multiple myeloma.
- Authors: Bredella MA, Steinbach L, Caputo G, Segall G, Hawkins R
- Issue date: 2005 Apr
- "One-stop-shop" staging: should we prefer FDG-PET/CT or MRI for the detection of bone metastases?
- Authors: Heusner T, Gölitz P, Hamami M, Eberhardt W, Esser S, Forsting M, Bockisch A, Antoch G
- Issue date: 2011 Jun