Increased platelet count and leucocyte-platelet complex formation in acute symptomatic compared with asymptomatic severe carotid stenosis.
AuthorsMcCabe, D J H
Mackie, I J
Sidhu, P S
Lawrie, A S
Machin, S J
Brown, M M
AffiliationUniversity Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Royal Free and University College Medical School, The Royal Free Hospital Hampstead, Pond St, London NW3 2PF, England. email@example.com
Severity of Illness Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIncreased platelet count and leucocyte-platelet complex formation in acute symptomatic compared with asymptomatic severe carotid stenosis. 2005, 76 (9):1249-54 J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatr.
JournalJournal of neurology, neurosurgery, and psychiatry
AbstractThe risk of stroke in patients with recently symptomatic carotid stenosis is considerably higher than in patients with asymptomatic stenosis. In the present study it was hypothesised that excessive platelet activation might partly contribute to this difference.
- Increased platelet activation in early symptomatic vs. asymptomatic carotid stenosis and relationship with microembolic status: results from the Platelets and Carotid Stenosis Study.
- Authors: Kinsella JA, Tobin WO, Tierney S, Feeley TM, Egan B, Collins DR, Coughlan T, O'Neill D, Harbison J, Madhavan P, Moore DJ, O'Neill SM, Colgan MP, Doherty CP, Murphy RP, Saqqur M, Moran N, Hamilton G, McCabe DJ
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Platelet degranulation and monocyte-platelet complex formation are increased in the acute and convalescent phases after ischaemic stroke or transient ischaemic attack.
- Authors: McCabe DJ, Harrison P, Mackie IJ, Sidhu PS, Purdy G, Lawrie AS, Watt H, Brown MM, Machin SJ
- Issue date: 2004 Jun
- Increased platelet count and reticulated platelets in recently symptomatic versus asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis and in cerebral microembolic signal-negative patient subgroups: results from the HaEmostasis In carotid STenosis (HEIST) study.
- Authors: Murphy SJX, Lim ST, Kinsella JA, Murphy D, Enright HM, McCabe DJH, HEIST study group.
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Assessment of 'on-treatment platelet reactivity' and relationship with cerebral micro-embolic signals in asymptomatic and symptomatic carotid stenosis.
- Authors: Kinsella JA, Oliver Tobin W, Tierney S, Feeley TM, Egan B, Coughlan T, Ronan Collins D, O'Neill D, Harbison JA, Doherty CP, Madhavan P, Moore DJ, O'Neill SM, Colgan MP, Saqqur M, Murphy RP, Moran N, Hamilton G, McCabe DJH
- Issue date: 2017 May 15
- Aspirin resistance among long-term aspirin users after carotid endarterectomy and controls: flow cytometric measurement of aspirin-induced platelet inhibition.
- Authors: Assadian A, Lax J, Meixner-Loicht U, Hagmüller GW, Bayer PM, Hübl W
- Issue date: 2007 Jun