Modulatory effect of raloxifene and estrogen on the metabolic action of growth hormone in hypopituitary women.
Baxter, Robert C
Seibel, Markus J
Ho, Ken K Y
AffiliationGarvan Institute of Medical Research and Department of Endocrinology, St. Vincent's Hospital, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia.
Drug Therapy, Combination
Estrogen Replacement Therapy
Human Growth Hormone
Insulin-Like Growth Factor Binding Protein 3
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators
MetadataShow full item record
CitationModulatory effect of raloxifene and estrogen on the metabolic action of growth hormone in hypopituitary women. 2010, 95 (5):2099-106 J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab.
JournalThe Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism
AbstractThe metabolic action of GH is attenuated by estrogens administered via the oral route. Selective estrogen receptor modulators lower IGF-I to a lesser degree than 17beta-estradiol in GH-deficient women, and their effect on fat and protein metabolism is unknown.
- Differential effects of raloxifene and estrogen on body composition in growth hormone-replaced hypopituitary women.
- Authors: Birzniece V, Meinhardt UJ, Gibney J, Johannsson G, Armstrong N, Baxter RC, Ho KK
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Comparison of the metabolic effects of raloxifene and oral estrogen in postmenopausal and growth hormone-deficient women.
- Authors: Gibney J, Johannsson G, Leung KC, Ho KK
- Issue date: 2005 Jul
- Effects of raloxifene and estrogen on bioactive IGF1 in GH-deficient women.
- Authors: Birzniece V, Magnusson NE, Ho KK, Frystyk J
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Gender difference in the neuroendocrine regulation of growth hormone axis by selective estrogen receptor modulators.
- Authors: Birzniece V, Sutanto S, Ho KK
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Effects of the selective estrogen receptor modulator, raloxifene, on the somatotropic axis and insulin-glucose homeostasis.
- Authors: Oleksik AM, Duong T, Pliester N, Asma G, Popp-Snijders C, Lips P
- Issue date: 2001 Jun