AffiliationDepartment of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, The Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. C.Oosth@gmail.com
MeSHAttitude to Health
Consumer Health Information
Patient Education as Topic
Surgical Procedures, Elective
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe changing face of informed surgical consent. 2012, 126 (3):236-9 J Laryngol Otol
JournalThe Journal of laryngology and otology
AbstractTo determine whether procedure-specific brochures improve patients' pre-operative knowledge, to determine the amount of information expected by patients during the consenting process, and to determine whether the recently proposed 'Request for Treatment' consenting process is viable on a large scale.
- Informed consent: a patients' perspective.
- Authors: Burns P, Keogh I, Timon C
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Improving informed consent of surgical patients using a multimedia-based program? Results of a prospective randomized multicenter study of patients before cholecystectomy.
- Authors: Bollschweiler E, Apitzsch J, Obliers R, Koerfer A, Mönig SP, Metzger R, Hölscher AH
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- Informed consent: do information pamphlets improve post-operative risk-recall in patients undergoing total thyroidectomy: prospective randomized control study.
- Authors: Alsaffar H, Wilson L, Kamdar DP, Sultanov F, Enepekides D, Higgins KM
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 13
- Informed consent for cataract surgery: patient understanding of verbal, written, and videotaped information.
- Authors: Shukla AN, Daly MK, Legutko P
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- Patients' views of the consent process for adult cardiac surgery: questionnaire survey.
- Authors: Howlader MH, Dhanji AR, Uppal R, Magee P, Wood AJ, Anyanwu AC
- Issue date: 2004 Dec