Immune profile and Epstein-Barr virus infection in acute interstitial nephritis: an immunohistochemical study in 78 patients.
Little, Mark A
Oh, Weng Chin
Howie, Alexander J
Savage, Caroline O S
AffiliationRenal Immunobiology, University of Birmingham, College of Medical and Dental Sciences, London, UK.
Aged, 80 and over
Antigens, Differentiation, Myelomonocytic
Epstein-Barr Virus Infections
Herpesvirus 4, Human
Vascular Cell Adhesion Molecule-1
Viral Matrix Proteins
MetadataShow full item record
CitationImmune profile and Epstein-Barr virus infection in acute interstitial nephritis: an immunohistochemical study in 78 patients. 2011, 119 (4):c293-300 Nephron Clin Pract
PublisherNephron. Clinical practice
JournalNephron. Clinical practice
AbstractAcute interstitial nephritis (AIN) is a common cause of acute kidney injury and is characterised by a dense interstitial cellular infiltrate, which has not been well defined. Previous studies have demonstrated a correlation between Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) infection and AIN. The purpose of our study was to define the nature of the interstitial immune infiltrate and to investigate the possibility of renal infection with EBV.
- Epstein-Barr virus-associated acute interstitial nephritis: infection or immunologic phenomenon?
- Authors: Cataudella JA, Young ID, Iliescu EA
- Issue date: 2002 Oct
- Epstein-Barr virus detection in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the oral cavity: an immunocytochemical and in situ hybridization study.
- Authors: Leong IT, Fernandes BJ, Mock D
- Issue date: 2001 Aug
- Association between Epstein-Barr virus seroconversion and immunohistochemical changes in tonsils of pediatric solid organ transplant recipients.
- Authors: Shapiro NL, Tang CG, Bhattacharyya N
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Unexplained acute renal failure in a toddler: a rare complication of Epstein-Barr virus.
- Authors: Norwood VF, Sturgill BC
- Issue date: 2002 Aug
- Acute renal failure: unusual complication of Epstein-Barr virus-induced infectious mononucleosis.
- Authors: Lei PS, Lowichik A, Allen W, Mauch TJ
- Issue date: 2000 Dec