Association of central obesity with early Carotid intima-media thickening is independent of that from other risk factors.
AffiliationDepartment of Cardiology and Radiology, Adelaide, Meath and National Children's Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland.
Body Mass Index
Carotid Artery, Common
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAssociation of central obesity with early Carotid intima-media thickening is independent of that from other risk factors. 2009, 33 (1):136-43 Int J Obes (Lond)
PublisherInternational journal of obesity
JournalInternational journal of obesity
AbstractWe investigated whether anthropometric measurements or metabolic risk factors correlated more with vascular changes associated with obesity.
- Microcirculatory damage of common carotid artery wall in obese and non obese subjects.
- Authors: Ciccone M, Maiorano A, De Pergola G, Minenna A, Giorgino R, Rizzon P
- Issue date: 1999
- Plasma leptin is independently associated with the intima-media thickness of the common carotid artery.
- Authors: Ciccone M, Vettor R, Pannacciulli N, Minenna A, Bellacicco M, Rizzon P, Giorgino R, De Pergola G
- Issue date: 2001 Jun
- Neck circumference: a useful screening tool of cardiovascular risk in children.
- Authors: Androutsos O, Grammatikaki E, Moschonis G, Roma-Giannikou E, Chrousos GP, Manios Y, Kanaka-Gantenbein C
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Association of obesity and central fat distribution with carotid artery wall thickening in middle-aged women.
- Authors: De Michele M, Panico S, Iannuzzi A, Celentano E, Ciardullo AV, Galasso R, Sacchetti L, Zarrilli F, Bond MG, Rubba P
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- [Correlation between anthropometric parameters and arteriosclerosis biomarker in the middle-aged and the elderly].
- Authors: Liu Y, Qi LT, Ma W, Yang Y, Meng L, Zhang BW, Huo Y
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 18