AffiliationBoehringer Ingelheim Ireland Ltd, Sandyford Business Estate, Dublin 18. firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Trials as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA survey of patients' attitudes to clinical research. 2011, 104 (4):117-9 Ir Med J
PublisherIrish medical journal
JournalIrish medical journal
AbstractEvery year hundreds of patients voluntarily participate in clinical trials across Ireland. However, little research has been done as to how patients find the experience. This survey was conducted in an attempt to ascertain clinical trial participants' views on their experience of participating in a clinical trial and to see and how clinical trial participation can be improved. One hundred and sixty-six clinical trial participants who had recently completed a global phase IV cardiovascular endpoint clinical trial were sent a 3-page questionnaire. Ninety-one (91%) respondents found the experience of participating in a clinical trial a good one with 85 (84.16%) respondents saying they would recommend participating in a clinical trial to a friend or relative and eighty-five (87.63%) respondents feeling they received better healthcare because they had participated in a clinical trial.
- The views of patients and healthy volunteers on participation in clinical trials: an exploratory survey study.
- Authors: Chu SH, Jeong SH, Kim EJ, Park MS, Park K, Nam M, Shim JY, Yoon YR
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Altruism among participants in cancer clinical trials.
- Authors: Truong TH, Weeks JC, Cook EF, Joffe S
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Perceived effects on patients' health of participation in the atrial fibrillation follow-up investigation of rhythm management study.
- Authors: Kellen JC, Schron EB, Milne J, Chandler ML, Berg CM, Ritchie DA, Paterson D, Sweeney PA, Nelson JD, Mickel M, AFFIRM Investigators and Coordinators.
- Issue date: 2006 Sep-Oct
- Attitude towards clinical trials: results of a survey of persons interested in research.
- Authors: Ohmann C, Deimling A
- Issue date: 2004 Aug
- The attitudes of oncology physicians and nurses toward phase I, II, and III cancer clinical trials.
- Authors: Zhang J, Zhang H, Yu C, Li J, Jiang Y
- Issue date: 2011 Sep