Relationships between body mass index, cardiovascular mortality, and risk factors: a report from the SCORE investigators.
Cooney, Marie Therese
Bacquer, Dirk De
Backer, Guy De
AffiliationDepartment of Cardiology Adelaide Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland.
MeSHBody Mass Index
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRelationships between body mass index, cardiovascular mortality, and risk factors: a report from the SCORE investigators. 2011, 18 (5):731-42 Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil
PublisherEuropean journal of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation : official journal of the European Society of Cardiology, Working Groups on Epidemiology & Prevention and Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology
JournalEuropean journal of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation : official journal of the European Society of Cardiology, Working Groups on Epidemiology & Prevention and Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology
AbstractAlthough cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the biggest global cause of death, CVD mortality is falling in developed countries. There is concern that this trend may be offset by increasing levels of obesity.
- Association of body mass index with all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality in the elderly.
- Authors: Wu CY, Chou YC, Huang N, Chou YJ, Hu HY, Li CP
- Issue date: 2014
- Age-dependent relationships between body mass index and mortality: Singapore longitudinal ageing study.
- Authors: Ng TP, Jin A, Chow KY, Feng L, Nyunt MSZ, Yap KB
- Issue date: 2017
- Childhood obesity and adult cardiovascular disease risk factors: a systematic review with meta-analysis.
- Authors: Umer A, Kelley GA, Cottrell LE, Giacobbi P Jr, Innes KE, Lilly CL
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 29
- HDL cholesterol protects against cardiovascular disease in both genders, at all ages and at all levels of risk.
- Authors: Cooney MT, Dudina A, De Bacquer D, Wilhelmsen L, Sans S, Menotti A, De Backer G, Jousilahti P, Keil U, Thomsen T, Whincup P, Graham IM, SCORE investigators.
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Global cardiovascular mortality risk in the adult Polish population: prospective assessment of the cohorts studied in multicentre national WOBASZ and WOBASZ Senior studies.
- Authors: Piotrowski W, Waśkiewicz A, Cicha-Mikołajczyk A
- Issue date: 2016