AffiliationDepartment of Cardiology, Adelaide Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationTotal cardiovascular disease risk assessment: a review. 2011, 26 (5):429-37 Curr. Opin. Cardiol.
PublisherCurrent opinion in cardiology
JournalCurrent opinion in cardiology
AbstractThe high risk strategy for the prevention of cardiovascular disease (CVD) requires an assessment of an individual's total CVD risk so that the most intensive risk factor management can be directed towards those at highest risk. Here we review developments in the assessment and estimation of total CVD risk.
- Challenges for the management of hypertension in low-resource settings.
- Authors: Mendis S
- Issue date: 2003 Summer
- Obesity and cardiovascular disease: from pathophysiology to risk stratification.
- Authors: Marinou K, Tousoulis D, Antonopoulos AS, Stefanadi E, Stefanadis C
- Issue date: 2010 Jan 7
- Reducing obesity and related chronic disease risk in children and youth: a synthesis of evidence with 'best practice' recommendations.
- Authors: Flynn MA, McNeil DA, Maloff B, Mutasingwa D, Wu M, Ford C, Tough SC
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Advantages of new cardiovascular risk-assessment strategies in high-risk patients with hypertension.
- Authors: Ruilope LM, Segura J
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- Established cardiovascular disease and CVD risk factors in a primary care population of middle-aged Irish men and women.
- Authors: Creagh D, Neilson S, Collins A, Colwell N, Hinchion R, Drew C, O'Halloran D, Perry IJ
- Issue date: 2002 Nov-Dec