How much does HDL cholesterol add to risk estimation? A report from the SCORE Investigators.
AuthorsCooney, Marie Therese
De Bacquer, Dirk
De Backer, Guy
AffiliationDepartment of Cardiology Adelaide Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland.
Proportional Hazards Models
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHow much does HDL cholesterol add to risk estimation? A report from the SCORE Investigators. 2009, 16 (3):304-14 Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil
JournalEuropean journal of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation : official journal of the European Society of Cardiology, Working Groups on Epidemiology & Prevention and Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology
AbstractSystematic COronary Risk Evaluation (SCORE), the risk estimation system recommended by the European guidelines on cardiovascular disease prevention, estimates 10-year risk of cardiovascular disease mortality based on age, sex, country of origin, systolic blood pressure, smoking status and either total cholesterol (TC) or TC/high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) ratio. As, counterintuitively, these two systems perform very similarly, we have investigated whether incorporating HDL-C and TC as separate variables improves risk estimation.
- Associations between serum lipids and causes of mortality in a cohort of 3,499 urban Thais: The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) study.
- Authors: Sritara P, Patoomanunt P, Woodward M, Narksawat K, Tulyadachanon S, Ratanachaiwong W, Sritara C, Barzi F, Yamwong S, Tanomsup S
- Issue date: 2007 Dec-2008 Jan
- A simple multiplier to calculate the impact of HDL cholesterol on cardiovascular risk estimation using SCORE.
- Authors: Descamps OS, Cooney MT, De Backer G, Graham I
- Issue date: 2012 Jun
- Serum non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (non-HDL-C) levels and cardiovascular mortality in chronic hemodialysis patients.
- Authors: Echida Y, Ogawa T, Otsuka K, Ando Y, Nitta K
- Issue date: 2012 Oct
- Reclassification of European patients' cardiovascular risk using the updated Systematic Coronary Risk Evaluation algorithm.
- Authors: Halcox JP, Tubach F, Sazova O, Sweet S, Medina J, EURIKA steering committee.
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Cardiovascular risk estimation in older persons: SCORE O.P.
- Authors: Cooney MT, Selmer R, Lindman A, Tverdal A, Menotti A, Thomsen T, DeBacker G, De Bacquer D, Tell GS, Njolstad I, Graham IM, SCORE and CONOR investigators.
- Issue date: 2016 Jul