Determinants of risk factor control in subjects with coronary heart disease : a report from the EUROASPIRE III investigators.
AffiliationAdelaide Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDeterminants of risk factor control in subjects with coronary heart disease : a report from the EUROASPIRE III investigators. 2012: Eur J Prev Cardiol
JournalEuropean journal of preventive cardiology
AbstractThe EUROASPIRE audits of risk factor control have indicated that, even in those with established coronary heart disease, risk factor control remains poor. We therefore analysed the EUROASPRE III data set to establish the factors associated with success or failure in risk factor control in order to inform future risk factor management strategies. University education, attendance at a specialist cardiology clinic, and participation in a cardiac rehabilitation programme were associated with improved risk factor control. Risk factor control was poorer in women, those with diabetes, and those undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery as opposed to medical therapy or percutaneous coronary intervention. Increasing age, depression, and anxiety were not associated with poorer risk factor control.
- Depression, anxiety, and risk factor control in patients after hospitalization for coronary heart disease: the EUROASPIRE III Study.
- Authors: Pająk A, Jankowski P, Kotseva K, Heidrich J, de Smedt D, De Bacquer D, EUROASPIRE Study Group.
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Use and effects of cardiac rehabilitation in patients with coronary heart disease: results from the EUROASPIRE III survey.
- Authors: Kotseva K, Wood D, De Backer G, De Bacquer D, EUROASPIRE III Study Group.
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- EUROASPIRE IV: A European Society of Cardiology survey on the lifestyle, risk factor and therapeutic management of coronary patients from 24 European countries.
- Authors: Kotseva K, Wood D, De Bacquer D, De Backer G, Rydén L, Jennings C, Gyberg V, Amouyel P, Bruthans J, Castro Conde A, Cífková R, Deckers JW, De Sutter J, Dilic M, Dolzhenko M, Erglis A, Fras Z, Gaita D, Gotcheva N, Goudevenos J, Heuschmann P, Laucevicius A, Lehto S, Lovic D, Miličić D, Moore D, Nicolaides E, Oganov R, Pajak A, Pogosova N, Reiner Z, Stagmo M, Störk S, Tokgözoğlu L, Vulic D, EUROASPIRE Investigators.
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Health related quality of life in coronary patients and its association with their cardiovascular risk profile: results from the EUROASPIRE III survey.
- Authors: De Smedt D, Clays E, Annemans L, Doyle F, Kotseva K, Pająk A, Prugger C, Jennings C, Wood D, De Bacquer D
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 30
- Influence of diabetes mellitus on long-term survival in systematic off-pump coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Authors: Marcheix B, Vanden Eynden F, Demers P, Bouchard D, Cartier R
- Issue date: 2008 Oct