Comprehensive ultrasound assessment of complications post-liver transplantation.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, Adelaide and Meath Incorporating the National Children's Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationComprehensive ultrasound assessment of complications post-liver transplantation. 2010, 74 (1):206-13 Eur J Radiol
PublisherEuropean journal of radiology
JournalEuropean journal of radiology
AbstractHuman liver transplantation for end-stage liver disease was first performed in 1963. Refinements in surgical technique and new immunosuppressive regimens have improved outcomes. Today, transplant patients have a 5-year survival rate of approximately 75%. Nevertheless, significant complications still occur. Ultrasonography (US), is the initial imaging modality of choice allowing bedside assessment for detection and follow-up of early and delayed graft complications, and facilitating interventional procedures. This review outlines the role of ultrasound in post-transplantation assessment.
- Sonographic assessment of hepatic transplants.
- Authors: Ritzert DM, Cox LA, Long BW
- Issue date: 2001 Jan-Feb
- The radiologist's role in managing paediatric liver transplantation: personal experience with 40 patients.
- Authors: Sacchetto P, Veltri A, Cena V, Gisolo F, Gennari F, Salizzoni M, Righi D, Gandini G
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- Imaging in liver transplantation.
- Authors: Bowen A, Hungate RG, Kaye RD, Reyes J, Towbin RB
- Issue date: 1996 Jul
- Sonography of liver transplantation.
- Authors: Maheshwari E, Tublin ME
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- Complications of orthotopic liver transplantation: spectrum of findings with helical CT.
- Authors: Quiroga S, Sebastià MC, Margarit C, Castells L, Boyé R, Alvarez-Castells A
- Issue date: 2001 Sep-Oct