AffiliationDepartment of Radiology, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland.
MeSHContraceptive Agents, Female
MetadataShow full item record
CitationUltrasound-guided removal of Implanon devices. 2008, 18 (11):2582-5 Eur Radiol
AbstractOur study has shown that ultrasound-guided localisation and removal of Implanon rods is safe, practical and highly successful. Over a 4-year period, 119 patients had successful, uncomplicated removal of their subdermal devices.The technique is particularly useful for removal of the device when it is not palpable or when an attempt at removal of a palpable device has not been successful.
- Ultrasound localisation and removal of non-palpable Implanon implants.
- Authors: James P, Trenery J
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Ultrasound appearances of Implanon implanted contraceptive devices.
- Authors: McNeill G, Ward E, Halpenny D, Snow A, Torreggiani W
- Issue date: 2009 Sep-Oct
- [Contraceptive implants--aberrations from insertion and removal procedures].
- Authors: Jørgensen NP
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 8
- Assessment of Implanon insertion and removal.
- Authors: Levine JP, Sinofsky FE, Christ MF, Implanon US Study Group.
- Issue date: 2008 Nov
- A suggestion for removing and reinserting Implanon(R)/Nexplanon(R).
- Authors: Chan J
- Issue date: 2011 Oct