"Osteoporosis and orthopods" incidences of osteoporosis in distal radius fracture from low energy trauma.
AffiliationDepartment of Trauma and Reconstructive Surgery, Adelaide and Meath Hospital Incorporating National Children Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Aged, 80 and over
Body Mass Index
MetadataShow full item record
Citation"Osteoporosis and orthopods" incidences of osteoporosis in distal radius fracture from low energy trauma. 2007, 38 (7):759-62 Injury
AbstractFracture of the distal radius from low energy trauma is a common presentation to orthopaedic trauma services. This fragility type fracture is associated with underlying osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a 'silent disease' where fragility fracture is a common presentation. Orthopaedic surgeons may be the only physician that these patients encounter. We found a high percentage of female patients who sustained a fragility fracture of the distal radius have an underlying osteoporosis. Further management of osteoporosis is important to prevent future fragility fractures.
- Are distal radius fractures due to fragility or to falls? A consecutive case-control study of bone mineral density, tendency to fall, risk factors for osteoporosis, and health-related quality of life.
- Authors: Nordvall H, Glanberg-Persson G, Lysholm J
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- Diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women with distal radius fracture in Germany.
- Authors: Endres HG, Dasch B, Maier C, Lungenhausen M, Smektala R, Trampisch HJ, Pientka L
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- Missed opportunities in patients with osteoporosis and distal radius fractures.
- Authors: Freedman BA, Potter BK, Nesti LJ, Cho T, Kuklo TR
- Issue date: 2007 Jan
- Osteoporosis and vertebral compression fractures-continued missed opportunities.
- Authors: Freedman BA, Potter BK, Nesti LJ, Giuliani JR, Hampton C, Kuklo TR
- Issue date: 2008 Sep-Oct
- Osteodensitometry in healthy postmenopausal women.
- Issue date: 2008 Apr