AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland.
Decision Support Techniques
Patient Education as Topic
Surgical Procedures, Operative
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBeyond consent--improving understanding in surgical patients. 2012, 203 (1):112-20 Am. J. Surg.
PublisherAmerican journal of surgery
JournalAmerican journal of surgery
AbstractLittle is known of the actual understanding that underlies patient choices with regard to their surgical treatment. This review explores current knowledge of patient understanding and techniques that may be used to improve this understanding.
- Multimedia educational aids for improving consumer knowledge about illness management and treatment decisions: a review of randomized controlled trials.
- Authors: Jeste DV, Dunn LB, Folsom DP, Zisook D
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Improving informed consent of surgical patients using a multimedia-based program? Results of a prospective randomized multicenter study of patients before cholecystectomy.
- Authors: Bollschweiler E, Apitzsch J, Obliers R, Koerfer A, Mönig SP, Metzger R, Hölscher AH
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- A multimedia tool for the informed consent of patients prior to gastric banding.
- Authors: Eggers C, Obliers R, Koerfer A, Thomas W, Koehle K, Hoelscher AH, Bollschweiler E
- Issue date: 2007 Nov
- Interventions to improve patient comprehension in informed consent for medical and surgical procedures: a systematic review.
- Authors: Schenker Y, Fernandez A, Sudore R, Schillinger D
- Issue date: 2011 Jan-Feb
- Improving comprehension of informed consent.
- Authors: Kusec S, Oresković S, Skegro M, Korolija D, Busić Z, Horzić M
- Issue date: 2006 Mar