Minimally invasive percutaneous plate fixation of distal tibia fractures.
AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedics, Adelaide and Meath Hospital incorporating National Children Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Fracture Fixation, Internal
Health Status Indicators
Recovery of Function
Surgical Procedures, Minimally Invasive
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMinimally invasive percutaneous plate fixation of distal tibia fractures. 2007, 73 (5):635-40 Acta Orthop Belg
PublisherActa orthopaedica Belgica
JournalActa orthopaedica Belgica
AbstractWe report a series of 42 patients reviewed at a mean of 19.6 months after treatment of distal tibial and pilon fractures using the AO distal tibia locking plate with a minimally invasive percutaneous plate osteosynthesis (MIPPO) technique. Mean time to union was 22.4 weeks. All fractures united with acceptable alignment and angulation. Two cases of superficial infection were noted, with one case of deep infection. Mean SF36 score was 85 and mean AOFAS score was 90 at a mean of 19 months follow-up. We report satisfactory outcomes with the use of the AO distal tibia locking plate in treatment of unstable distal tibial fractures. Eighty-nine percent of the patients felt that they were back to their pre injury status and 95% back to their previous employment.
- Minimally invasive locking plate osteosynthesis for fractures of the distal tibia--results in 20 patients.
- Authors: Hazarika S, Chakravarthy J, Cooper J
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- Minimally Invasive Plate Osteosynthesis Using Locking Plates for AO 43-Type Fractures: Lessons Learnt From a Prospective Study.
- Authors: Shukla R, Jain N, Jain RK, Patidar S, Kiyawat V
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- Comparison of minimally invasive percutaneous plate osteosynthesis with open reduction and internal fixation for treatment of extra-articular distal tibia fractures.
- Authors: Zou J, Zhang W, Zhang CQ
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Minimally invasive plating of high-energy metaphyseal distal tibia fractures.
- Authors: Collinge C, Kuper M, Larson K, Protzman R
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Absolute or relative stability in minimal invasive plate osteosynthesis of simple distal meta or diaphyseal tibia fractures?
- Authors: Wenger R, Oehme F, Winkler J, Perren SM, Babst R, Beeres FJP
- Issue date: 2017 Jun