Clavicle hook plate fixation for displaced lateral-third clavicle fractures (Neer type II): a functional outcome study.
AffiliationDepartment of Trauma Orthopaedics, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin, Incorporating the National Children's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClavicle hook plate fixation for displaced lateral-third clavicle fractures (Neer type II): a functional outcome study. 2012, 21 (8):1045-8 J Shoulder Elbow Surg
JournalJournal of shoulder and elbow surgery / American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons ... [et al.]
AbstractControversy exists with the use of the acromioclavicular hook plate for the treatment of lateral-third clavicle fractures (Neer type II). This is thought to stem from problems associated with the hook plate causing impingement symptoms, which can cause long-term limitation of movement and pain. Our aim was to evaluate the functional outcomes of patients with lateral-third clavicle fractures treated with the hook plate.
- [Treatment of fresh tossy type III acromioclavicular joint dislocations and neer type II distal clavicle fractures with clavicular hook plate].
- Authors: Tan H, Wang S, Zhao J, Qian C, Zhou Q, Shi Y
- Issue date: 2010 Jan
- Use of the AO hook-plate for treatment of unstable fractures of the distal clavicle.
- Authors: Muramatsu K, Shigetomi M, Matsunaga T, Murata Y, Taguchi T
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- [Clinical effects of clavicular hook plate for Neer type II fracture of distal clavicle].
- Authors: Xue L, Chen Q, Zhou Z
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- Surgical treatment of distal clavicle fractures using the clavicular hook plate.
- Authors: Kashii M, Inui H, Yamamoto K
- Issue date: 2006 Jun
- Hook-plate fixation of unstable lateral clavicle fractures: a report on 63 patients.
- Authors: Flinkkilä T, Ristiniemi J, Lakovaara M, Hyvönen P, Leppilahti J
- Issue date: 2006 Aug