Technical skill set training in natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery: how should we approach it?
AffiliationNational Surgical Training Centre, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Education, Medical, Graduate
Natural Orifice Endoscopic Surgery
School Admission Criteria
MetadataShow full item record
CitationTechnical skill set training in natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery: how should we approach it? 2011, 21 (2):107-11 J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A
JournalJournal of laparoendoscopic & advanced surgical techniques. Part A
AbstractThe boundaries in minimally invasive techniques are continually being pushed further. Recent years have brought new and exciting changes with the advent of natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery. With the evolution of this field of surgery come challenges in the development of new instruments and the actual steps of the procedure. Included in these challenges is the idea of developing a proficiency-based curriculum for training.
- Training of a standardized natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery cholecystectomy using an ex vivo training unit.
- Authors: Gillen S, Fiolka A, Kranzfelder M, Wolf P, Feith M, Schneider A, Meining A, Friess H, Feussner H
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Recent advances of natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery in urological surgery.
- Authors: Izquierdo L, Peri L, García-Cruz E, Musquera M, Piqueras M, Gosálbez D, Alcaraz A
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Natural orifice transluminal endoscopy surgery: A review.
- Authors: Moreira-Pinto J, Lima E, Correia-Pinto J, Rolanda C
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 7
- Natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery: new minimally invasive surgery come of age.
- Authors: Huang C, Huang RX, Qiu ZJ
- Issue date: 2011 Oct 21
- Rural general surgery training: the Gundersen Lutheran approach.
- Authors: Cogbill TH, Jarman BT
- Issue date: 2009 Dec