Umbilical hernia rupture with evisceration of omentum from massive ascites: a case report.
AffiliationMinimally Invasive Surgical Unit, Division of Colorectal Surgery, AMNCH, Tallaght, Dublin 24, Ireland. email@example.com.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationUmbilical hernia rupture with evisceration of omentum from massive ascites: a case report. 2011, 5:170 J Med Case Rep
PublisherJournal of medical case reports
JournalJournal of medical case reports
AbstractThe incidence of hernias is increased in patients with alcoholic liver disease with ascites. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of an acute rise in intra-abdominal pressure from straining for stool as the cause of a ruptured umbilical hernia.
- Umbilical Hernia with Evisceration. Two Cases and a Review of the Literature.
- Authors: Arora E, Gandhi S, Bhandarwar A, Quraishi AHM, Wagh A, Tandur A, Wakle D
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Spontaneous rupture of an umbilical hernia with evisceration.
- Authors: Ginsburg BY, Sharma AN
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Spontaneous evisceration of bowel through an umbilical hernia in a patient with refractory ascites.
- Authors: Ogu US, Valko J, Wilhelm J, Dy V
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 4
- Ruptured umbilical hernia in a case of alcoholic cirrhosis with massive ascites.
- Authors: Granese J, Valaulikar G, Khan M, Hardy H 3rd
- Issue date: 2002 Aug
- Spontaneous umbilical hernia rupture: a report of three cases.
- Authors: Fisher J, Calkins WG
- Issue date: 1978 Jun