Optimising surgical training: use of feedback to reduce errors during a simulated surgical procedure.
Gallagher, Anthony G
Hill, Arnold D K
Neary, Paul C
AffiliationColles Institute, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, 121 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Reproducibility of Results
Task Performance and Analysis
MetadataShow full item record
CitationOptimising surgical training: use of feedback to reduce errors during a simulated surgical procedure. 2011, 87 (1030):524-8 Postgrad Med J
PublisherPostgraduate medical journal
JournalPostgraduate medical journal
AbstractTo assess the effect of proximate or immediate feedback during an intensive training session. The authors hypothesised that provision of feedback during a training session would improve performance and learning curves.
- Assessment of comparative skills between hand-assisted and straight laparoscopic colorectal training on an augmented reality simulator.
- Authors: Leblanc F, Delaney CP, Neary PC, Rose J, Augestad KM, Senagore AJ, Ellis CN, Champagne BJ, Colorectal Surgery Training Group.
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Learning curves and impact of previous operative experience on performance on a virtual reality simulator to test laparoscopic surgical skills.
- Authors: Grantcharov TP, Bardram L, Funch-Jensen P, Rosenberg J
- Issue date: 2003 Feb
- Construct validation of a novel hybrid virtual-reality simulator for training and assessing laparoscopic colectomy; results from the first course for experienced senior laparoscopic surgeons.
- Authors: Neary PC, Boyle E, Delaney CP, Senagore AJ, Keane FB, Gallagher AG
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- Virtual reality simulator training for laparoscopic colectomy: what metrics have construct validity?
- Authors: Shanmugan S, Leblanc F, Senagore AJ, Ellis CN, Stein SL, Khan S, Delaney CP, Champagne BJ
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- A comparison of laparoscopic and robotic assisted suturing performance by experts and novices.
- Authors: Chandra V, Nehra D, Parent R, Woo R, Reyes R, Hernandez-Boussard T, Dutta S
- Issue date: 2010 Jun