The RAPID protocol enhances patient recovery after both laparoscopic and open colorectal resections.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Infirmary Square, Leicester LE1 5WW, UK. GMLloyd@doctors.org.uk
Aged, 80 and over
Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
Length of Stay
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe RAPID protocol enhances patient recovery after both laparoscopic and open colorectal resections. 2010, 24 (6):1434-9 Surg Endosc
AbstractEnhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS) programs can accelerate recovery and shorten the hospital stay after colorectal resections. The RAPID (remove, ambulate, postoperative analgesia, introduce diet) protocol is a simplified ERAS program that consists of a simplified, user-friendly single-page pro forma schedule. This study aimed to evaluate the impact of the RAPID protocol on patients undergoing both laparoscopic and open colorectal resections in two specialized colorectal units.
- Laparoscopy within a fast-track program enhances the short-term results after elective surgery for resectable colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Feroci F, Kröning KC, Lenzi E, Moraldi L, Cantafio S, Scatizzi M
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Laparoscopic-assisted and open high anterior resection within an ERAS protocol.
- Authors: Gustafsson UO, Tiefenthal M, Thorell A, Ljungqvist O, Nygrens J
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Intrathecal Morphine for Laparoscopic Segmental Colonic Resection as Part of an Enhanced Recovery Protocol: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Authors: Koning MV, Teunissen AJW, van der Harst E, Ruijgrok EJ, Stolker RJ
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Transversus abdominis plane (TAP) block versus thoracic epidural analgesia (TEA) in laparoscopic colon surgery in the ERAS program.
- Authors: Pirrera B, Alagna V, Lucchi A, Berti P, Gabbianelli C, Martorelli G, Mozzoni L, Ruggeri F, Ingardia A, Nardi G, Garulli G
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Effects of Postoperative Pain Management on Immune Function After Laparoscopic Resection of Colorectal Cancer: A Randomized Study.
- Authors: Kim SY, Kim NK, Baik SH, Min BS, Hur H, Lee J, Noh HY, Lee JH, Koo BN
- Issue date: 2016 May