AffiliationDepartment of Colorectal Surgery, The Adelaide and Meath Hospital incorporating the National Children's Hospital, 24 Dublin, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationLaparoscopic repair of postoperative perineal hernia. 2010, 2010: Case Report Med
PublisherCase reports in medicine
JournalCase reports in medicine
AbstractPerineal hernias are infrequent complications following abdominoperineal operations. Various approaches have been described for repair of perineal hernias including open transabdominal, transperineal or combined abdominoperineal repairs. The use of laparoscopic transabdominal repair of perineal hernias is not well-described. We present a case report demonstrating the benefits of laparoscopic repair of perineal hernia following previous laparoscopic abdominoperineal resection (APR) using a nonabsorbable mesh to repair the defect. We have demonstrated that the use of laparoscopy with repair of the pelvic floor defect using a non absorbable synthetic mesh offers an excellent alternative with many potential advantages over open transabdominal and transperineal repairs.
- Laparoscopic repair of perineal hernia after abdominoperineal excision.
- Authors: Goedhart-de Haan AM, Langenhoff BS, Petersen D, Verheijen PM
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Mesh-based transperineal repair of a perineal hernia after a laparoscopic abdominoperineal resection.
- Authors: Lee TG, Lee SJ
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic repair of perineal hernia after abdominoperineal resection: A case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Rajabaleyan P, Dorfelt A, Poornoroozy P, Vadgaard Andersen P
- Issue date: 2019
- A new method of robot-assisted laparoscopic repair of perineal hernia after abdominoperineal resection: a case report.
- Authors: Li D, Zhang S, Zhang Z, Li Y
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- Composite mesh and gluteal fasciocutaneous rotation flap for perineal hernia repair after abdominoperineal resection: a novel technique.
- Authors: Papadakis M, Hübner G, Bednarek M, Arafkas M
- Issue date: 2017 Mar