Randomized controlled trial of oral vs intravenous therapy for the clinically diagnosed acute uncomplicated diverticulitis.
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, Wexford General Hospital, Ireland. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
Drug Therapy, Combination
Length of Stay
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRandomized controlled trial of oral vs intravenous therapy for the clinically diagnosed acute uncomplicated diverticulitis. 2009, 11 (9):941-6 Colorectal Dis
JournalColorectal disease : the official journal of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
AbstractDespite the high prevalence of hospitalization for left iliac fossa tenderness, there is a striking lack of randomized data available to guide therapy. The authors hypothesize that an oral antibiotic and fluids are not inferior to intravenous (IV) antibiotics and 'bowel rest' in clinically diagnosed acute uncomplicated diverticulitis.
- Outpatient treatment of patients with uncomplicated acute diverticulitis.
- Authors: Alonso S, Pera M, Parés D, Pascual M, Gil MJ, Courtier R, Grande L
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- [Safety and efficiency of ambulatory treatment of acute diverticulitis].
- Authors: Martín Gil J, Serralta De Colsa D, García Marín A, Vaquero Rodríguez A, Rey Valcárcel C, Pérez Díaz MD, Sanz Sánchez M, Turégano Fuentes F
- Issue date: 2009 Feb
- Randomized clinical trial of antibiotics in acute uncomplicated diverticulitis.
- Authors: Chabok A, Påhlman L, Hjern F, Haapaniemi S, Smedh K, AVOD Study Group.
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Effect of oral mesalamine on inflammatory response in acute uncomplicated diverticulitis.
- Authors: Nespoli L, Lo Bianco G, Uggeri F, Romano F, Nespoli A, Bernasconi DP, Gianotti L
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 21
- Applicability, safety and efficiency of outpatient treatment in uncomplicated diverticulitis.
- Authors: Moya P, Arroyo A, Pérez-Legaz J, Serrano P, Candela F, Soriano-Irigaray L, Calpena R
- Issue date: 2012 Aug