Patients with chronic pancreatitis are at increased risk for osteoporosis.
AffiliationCentre for Pancreatico-Biliary Diseases, Department of Surgery, Trinity College Dublin, Tallaght, Dublin, Republic of Ireland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPatients with chronic pancreatitis are at increased risk for osteoporosis. 2012, 41 (7):1119-24 Pancreas
AbstractPatients with chronic pancreatitis may be at an increased risk of low bone density because of malabsorption of vitamin D and calcium, poor diet, pain, alcoholism, and smoking. We investigated the rates of osteoporosis in patients with chronic pancreatitis compared to matched controls.
- An association between abnormal bone turnover, systemic inflammation, and osteoporosis in patients with chronic pancreatitis: a case-matched study.
- Authors: Duggan SN, Purcell C, Kilbane M, O'Keane M, McKenna M, Gaffney P, Ridgway PF, Boran G, Conlon KC
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Bone mineral density in patients with pancreatic insufficiency and steatorrhea.
- Authors: Morán CE, Sosa EG, Martinez SM, Geldern P, Messina D, Russo A, Boerr L, Bai JC
- Issue date: 1997 May
- Vitamins D and K as Factors Associated with Osteopathy in Chronic Pancreatitis: A Prospective Multicentre Study (P-BONE Study).
- Authors: Stigliano S, Waldthaler A, Martinez-Moneo E, Lionetto L, Robinson S, Malvik M, Hedstrom A, Kaczka A, Scholdei M, Haas S, Simmaco M, Delle Fave G, Lohr M, Simon P, Capurso G
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 15
- Bone Mineral Density, 25-OH Vitamin D and Inflammation in Patients with Psoriasis.
- Authors: Solak B, Dikicier BS, Celik HD, Erdem T
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Bone mineral density and its correlation with clinical and laboratory factors in chronic peritoneal dialysis patients.
- Authors: Ersoy FF, Passadakis SP, Tam P, Memmos ED, Katopodis PK, Ozener C, Akçiçek F, Camsari T, Ateş K, Ataman R, Vlachojannis JG, Dombros AN, Utaş C, Akpolat T, Bozfakioğlu S, Wu G, Karayaylali I, Arinsoy T, Stathakis PC, Yavuz M, Tsakiris JD, Dimitriades CA, Yilmaz ME, Gültekin M, Karayalçin B, Yardimsever M, Oreopoulos DG
- Issue date: 2006