Vascular endothelial growth factor and not cyclooxygenase 2 promotes endothelial cell viability in the pancreatic tumor microenvironment.
AuthorsToomey, Desmond P
Conlon, Kevin C
Murphy, Joseph F
AffiliationProfessorial Surgical Unit, University of Dublin, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland.
Anti-Inflammatory Agents, Non-Steroidal
Cyclooxygenase 2 Inhibitors
Tumor Cells, Cultured
Vascular Endothelial Growth Factors
MetadataShow full item record
CitationVascular endothelial growth factor and not cyclooxygenase 2 promotes endothelial cell viability in the pancreatic tumor microenvironment. 2010, 39 (5):595-603 Pancreas
AbstractCyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), often coexpressed in cancer, are associated with poor prognosis. However, results from pancreatic cancer trials of their inhibitors were disappointing. This study delineated the role of COX-2 and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in angiogenesis and VEGF regulation.
- Growth stimulation of COX-2-negative pancreatic cancer by a selective COX-2 inhibitor.
- Authors: Eibl G, Takata Y, Boros LG, Liu J, Okada Y, Reber HA, Hines OJ
- Issue date: 2005 Feb 1
- Celecoxib inhibits tumor growth and angiogenesis in an orthotopic implantation tumor model of human colon cancer.
- Authors: Wang L, Chen W, Xie X, He Y, Bai X
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- CEP-7055: a novel, orally active pan inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinases with potent antiangiogenic activity and antitumor efficacy in preclinical models.
- Authors: Ruggeri B, Singh J, Gingrich D, Angeles T, Albom M, Yang S, Chang H, Robinson C, Hunter K, Dobrzanski P, Jones-Bolin S, Pritchard S, Aimone L, Klein-Szanto A, Herbert JM, Bono F, Schaeffer P, Casellas P, Bourie B, Pili R, Isaacs J, Ator M, Hudkins R, Vaught J, Mallamo J, Dionne C
- Issue date: 2003 Sep 15
- Cyclooxygenase-2 upregulates vascular endothelial growth factor expression and angiogenesis in human gastric carcinoma.
- Authors: Leung WK, To KF, Go MY, Chan KK, Chan FK, Ng EK, Chung SC, Sung JJ
- Issue date: 2003 Nov
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors suppress angiogenesis and reduce tumor growth in vivo.
- Authors: Sawaoka H, Tsuji S, Tsujii M, Gunawan ES, Sasaki Y, Kawano S, Hori M
- Issue date: 1999 Dec