Rigid or flexible sigmoidoscopy in colorectal clinics? Appraisal through a systematic review and meta-analysis.
AffiliationLetterkenny General Hospital, Letterkenny, County Donegal, Ireland. email@example.com
MeSHAmbulatory Care Facilities
Clinical Trials as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRigid or flexible sigmoidoscopy in colorectal clinics? Appraisal through a systematic review and meta-analysis. 2012, 22 (5):479-87 J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A
JournalJournal of laparoendoscopic & advanced surgical techniques. Part A
AbstractRigid sigmoidoscopy is sometimes performed at first presentation in colorectal clinics. We assessed the feasibility of flexible sigmoidoscopy in similar situations by comparing it with rigid sigmoidoscopy as a first investigative tool.
- Patient response to sigmoidoscopy. A randomized, controlled trial of rigid and flexible sigmoidoscopy.
- Authors: Winawer SJ, Miller C, Lightdale C, Herbert E, Ephram RC, Gordon L, Miller D
- Issue date: 1987 Oct 15
- Comparison of rigid vs flexible sigmoidoscopy in detection of significant anorectal lesions.
- Authors: Rao VS, Ahmad N, Al-Mukhtar A, Stojkovic S, Moore PJ, Ahmad SM
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy: safety and usefulness in the geriatric patient.
- Authors: Helzberg JH, McCallum RW
- Issue date: 1985 May
- Time to benefit for colorectal cancer screening: survival meta-analysis of flexible sigmoidoscopy trials.
- Authors: Tang V, Boscardin WJ, Stijacic-Cenzer I, Lee SJ
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 16
- Flexible versus rigid sigmoidoscopy: a comparison using an inexpensive 35-cm flexible proctosigmoidoscope.
- Authors: Grobe JL, Kozarek RA, Sanowski RA
- Issue date: 1983 Sep