Clinicopathological significance of psychotic experiences in non-psychotic young people: evidence from four population-based studies.
Clarke, Mary C
AffiliationDepartment of Psychiatry, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland.
Attention Deficit and Disruptive Behavior Disorders
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClinicopathological significance of psychotic experiences in non-psychotic young people: evidence from four population-based studies. 2012, 201:26-32 Br J Psychiatry
JournalThe British journal of psychiatry : the journal of mental science
AbstractEpidemiological research has shown that hallucinations and delusions, the classic symptoms of psychosis, are far more prevalent in the population than actual psychotic disorder. These symptoms are especially prevalent in childhood and adolescence. Longitudinal research has demonstrated that psychotic symptoms in adolescence increase the risk of psychotic disorder in adulthood. There has been a lack of research, however, on the immediate clinicopathological significance of psychotic symptoms in adolescence.
- Self-reported psychotic-like experiences are a poor estimate of clinician-rated attenuated and frank delusions and hallucinations.
- Authors: Schultze-Lutter F, Renner F, Paruch J, Julkowski D, Klosterkötter J, Ruhrmann S
- Issue date: 2014
- Prevalence of psychotic symptoms in childhood and adolescence: a systematic review and meta-analysis of population-based studies.
- Authors: Kelleher I, Connor D, Clarke MC, Devlin N, Harley M, Cannon M
- Issue date: 2012 Sep
- Psychotic experiences co-occur with sleep problems, negative affect and mental disorders in preadolescence.
- Authors: Jeppesen P, Clemmensen L, Munkholm A, Rimvall MK, Rask CU, Jørgensen T, Larsen JT, Petersen L, van Os J, Skovgaard AM
- Issue date: 2015 May
- Psychopathological mechanisms linking childhood traumatic experiences to risk of psychotic symptoms: analysis of a large, representative population-based sample.
- Authors: van Nierop M, Lataster T, Smeets F, Gunther N, van Zelst C, de Graaf R, ten Have M, van Dorsselaer S, Bak M, Myin-Germeys I, Viechtbauer W, van Os J, van Winkel R
- Issue date: 2014 Mar
- Childhood Maltreatment and Young Adulthood Hallucinations, Delusional Experiences, and Psychosis: A Longitudinal Study.
- Authors: Abajobir AA, Kisely S, Scott JG, Williams G, Clavarino A, Strathearn L, Najman JM
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 1