Effects of abdominal fat distribution parameters on severity of acute pancreatitis.
AffiliationDepartment of Academic Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Aged, 80 and over
Body Mass Index
Length of Stay
Severity of Illness Index
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEffects of abdominal fat distribution parameters on severity of acute pancreatitis. 2012, 36 (7):1679-85 World J Surg
JournalWorld journal of surgery
AbstractObesity is a well-established risk factor for acute pancreatitis. Increased visceral fat has been shown to exacerbate the pro-inflammatory milieu experienced by patients. This study aimed to investigate the relationship between the severity of acute pancreatitis and abdominal fat distribution parameters measured on computed tomography (CT) scan.
- Is Abdominal Fat Distribution Measured by Axial CT Imaging an Indicator of Complications and Mortality in Acute Pancreatitis?
- Authors: Hall TC, Stephenson JS, Jones MJ, Ngu WS, Horsfield MA, Rajesh A, Dennison AR, Garcea G
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Methods for measuring abdominal obesity in the prediction of severe acute pancreatitis, and their correlation with abdominal fat areas assessed by computed tomography.
- Authors: Duarte-Rojo A, Sosa-Lozano LA, Saúl A, Herrera-Cáceres JO, Hernández-Cárdenas C, Vázquez-Lamadrid J, Robles-Díaz G
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Intra peritoneal abdominal fat area measured from computed tomography is an independent factor of severe acute pancreatitis.
- Authors: Madico C, Herpe G, Vesselle G, Boucebci S, Tougeron D, Sylvain C, Ingrand P, Tasu JP
- Issue date: 2019 Jul - Aug
- Visceral Adiposity Predicts Severity of Acute Pancreatitis.
- Authors: Natu A, Stevens T, Kang L, Yasinow S, Mansoor E, Lopez R, Glessing B, Remer E, Richards T, Gupta A, Chak A, Lee PJW
- Issue date: 2017 Jul
- Computed tomography volumetric fat parameters versus body mass index for predicting short-term outcomes of colon surgery.
- Authors: Cecchini S, Cavazzini E, Marchesi F, Sarli L, Roncoroni L
- Issue date: 2011 Feb