AffiliationDepartment of Paediatrics, Midlands Regional Hospital, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Education, Medical, Continuing
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA disjointed effort: paediatric musculoskeletal examination. 2012, 97 (7):641-3 Arch. Dis. Child.
JournalArchives of disease in childhood
AbstractMusculoskeletal (MSK) symptoms are a frequent cause of emergency department attendance for children, and while most often indicative of benign or self-limiting disease, such symptoms can occasionally be the first presentation of serious illness such as leukaemia or juvenile idiopathic arthritis. MSK examination, however, is often not included as part of the routine paediatric examination. The authors aimed to evaluate how often and how thoroughly MSK examination was performed during admissions to the paediatric ward and to compare it with the examination of other symptoms in relation to the presenting complaint and eventual diagnosis.
CollectionsMidland Regional Hospital Mullingar
- More 'cries from the joints': assessment of the musculoskeletal system is poorly documented in routine paediatric clerking.
- Authors: Myers A, McDonagh JE, Gupta K, Hull R, Barker D, Kay LJ, Foster HE
- Issue date: 2004 Aug
- Poor sensitivity of musculoskeletal history in children.
- Authors: Goff I, Rowan A, Bateman BJ, Foster HE
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Improving junior doctors' confidence in paediatric musculoskeletal assessment.
- Authors: Boulter EL, Rogers JR, Borland ML
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Teaching musculoskeletal clinical skills to medical trainees and physicians: a Best Evidence in Medical Education systematic review of strategies and their effectiveness: BEME Guide No. 18.
- Authors: O'Dunn-Orto A, Hartling L, Campbell S, Oswald AE
- Issue date: 2012
- The impact of trained patient educators on musculoskeletal clinical skills attainment in pre-clerkship medical students.
- Authors: Oswald AE, Bell MJ, Wiseman J, Snell L
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 23