Radiologic imaging in cystic fibrosis: cumulative effective dose and changing trends over 2 decades.
AuthorsO'Connell, Oisin J
O'Connor, Owen J
Maher, Michael M
Plant, Barry J
AffiliationCork Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland.
Monte Carlo Method
Tomography, X-Ray Computed
MetadataShow full item record
CitationRadiologic imaging in cystic fibrosis: cumulative effective dose and changing trends over 2 decades. 2012, 141 (6):1575-83 Chest
AbstractWith the increasing life expectancy for patients with cystic fibrosis (CF), and a known predisposition to certain cancers, cumulative radiation exposure from radiologic imaging is of increasing significance. This study explores the estimated cumulative effective radiation dose over a 17-year period from radiologic procedures and changing trends of imaging modalities over this period.
- Radiation dose from common radiological investigations and cumulative exposure in children with cystic fibrosis: an observational study from a single UK centre.
- Authors: Ward R, Carroll WD, Cunningham P, Ho SA, Jones M, Lenney W, Thompson D, Gilchrist FJ
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 21
- Cumulative effective doses from radiologic procedures for pediatric oncology patients.
- Authors: Ahmed BA, Connolly BL, Shroff P, Chong AL, Gordon C, Grant R, Greenberg ML, Thomas KE
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- Radiation exposure from medical imaging in dialyzed patients undergoing renal pre-transplant evaluation.
- Authors: De Mauri A, Matheoud R, Carriero A, Lizio D, Chiarinotti D, Brambilla M
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- Cumulative radiation exposure in children with cystic fibrosis.
- Authors: O'Reilly R, Ryan S, Donoghue V, Saidlear C, Twomey E, Slattery DM
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- Australian per caput dose from diagnostic imaging and nuclear medicine.
- Authors: Hayton A, Wallace A, Marks P, Edmonds K, Tingey D, Johnston P
- Issue date: 2013 Oct