Childhood trauma and cognitive function in first-episode affective and non-affective psychosis.
Fisher, Helen L
Jones, Peter B
Murray, Robin M
Pariante, Carmine M
AffiliationDepartment of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London, UK.
Affective Disorders, Psychotic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationChildhood trauma and cognitive function in first-episode affective and non-affective psychosis. 2011, 129 (1):12-9 Schizophr. Res.
AbstractA history of childhood trauma is reportedly more prevalent in people suffering from psychosis than in the general population. Childhood trauma has also been linked to cognitive abnormalities in adulthood, and cognitive abnormalities, in turn, are one of the key clinical features of psychosis. Therefore, this study investigated whether there was a relationship between childhood trauma and cognitive function in patients with first-episode psychosis. The potential impact of diagnosis (schizophrenia or affective psychosis) and gender on this association was also examined.
- Impact of childhood adversities on specific symptom dimensions in first-episode psychosis.
- Authors: Ajnakina O, Trotta A, Oakley-Hannibal E, Di Forti M, Stilo SA, Kolliakou A, Gardner-Sood P, Gaughran F, David AS, Dazzan P, Pariante C, Mondelli V, Morgan C, Vassos E, Murray RM, Fisher HL
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Is there a link between childhood trauma, cognition, and amygdala and hippocampus volume in first-episode psychosis?
- Authors: Aas M, Navari S, Gibbs A, Mondelli V, Fisher HL, Morgan C, Morgan K, MacCabe J, Reichenberg A, Zanelli J, Fearon P, Jones PB, Murray RM, Pariante CM, Dazzan P
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Brain derived Neurotropic Factor (BDNF) is associated with childhood abuse but not cognitive domains in first episode psychosis.
- Authors: Theleritis C, Fisher HL, Shäfer I, Winters L, Stahl D, Morgan C, Dazzan P, Breedvelt J, Sambath I, Vitoratou S, Russo M, Reichenberg A, Falcone MA, Mondelli V, O'Connor J, David A, McGuire P, Pariante C, Di Forti M, Murray RM, Bonaccorso S
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- The relationship between childhood trauma history and the psychotic subtype of major depression.
- Authors: Gaudiano BA, Zimmerman M
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- First-episode schizophrenic psychosis differs from first-episode affective psychosis and controls in P300 amplitude over left temporal lobe.
- Authors: Salisbury DF, Shenton ME, Sherwood AR, Fischer IA, Yurgelun-Todd DA, Tohen M, McCarley RW
- Issue date: 1998 Feb