Systematic review and meta-analysis of bifrontal electroconvulsive therapy versus bilateral and unilateral electroconvulsive therapy in depression.
AffiliationDepartment of Psychiatry, Trinity College Dublin, St. Patrick's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSystematic review and meta-analysis of bifrontal electroconvulsive therapy versus bilateral and unilateral electroconvulsive therapy in depression. 2012, 13 (4):248-58 World J. Biol. Psychiatry
JournalThe world journal of biological psychiatry : the official journal of the World Federation of Societies of Biological Psychiatry
AbstractOur aim was to perform a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials comparing efficacy and side effects of bifrontal (BF) ECT to bitemporal (BT) or unilateral (RUL) ECT in depression.
- Clinical efficacy of formula-based bifrontal versus right unilateral electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in the treatment of major depression among elderly patients: a pragmatic, randomized, assessor-blinded, controlled trial.
- Authors: Bjølseth TM, Engedal K, Benth JŠ, Dybedal GS, Gaarden TL, Tanum L
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 1
- A Randomized, Nonblind, Naturalistic Comparison of Efficacy and Cognitive Outcomes With Right Unilateral, Bifrontal, and Bitemporal Electroconvulsive Therapy in Schizophrenia.
- Authors: Bansod A, Sonavane SS, Shah NB, De Sousa AA, Andrade C
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Retrospective comparison of effectiveness of right unilateral ultra-brief pulse with brief pulse ECT in older adults (over 65) with depression.
- Authors: Ramalingam J, Elias A, George K, Thangapandian S, Bhat R
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- A critical examination of bifrontal electroconvulsive therapy: clinical efficacy, cognitive side effects, and directions for future research.
- Authors: Crowley K, Pickle J, Dale R, Fattal O
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Right unilateral and bifrontal electroconvulsive therapy in the treatment of depression: a preliminary study.
- Authors: Heikman P, Kalska H, Katila H, Sarna S, Tuunainen A, Kuoppasalmi K
- Issue date: 2002 Mar