Evolving progress in oncologic and operative outcomes for esophageal and junctional cancer: lessons from the experience of a high-volume center.
AuthorsReynolds, John V
Donohoe, Claire L
AffiliationDepartment of Surgery, St James's Hospital and Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
KeywordsCarcinoma, Squamous Cell/therapy
Carcinoma, Squamous Cell
Lymph Node Excision
Proportional Hazards Models
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEvolving progress in oncologic and operative outcomes for esophageal and junctional cancer: lessons from the experience of a high-volume center. 2012, 143 (5):1130-1137.e1 J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg.
JournalThe Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery
AbstractModern series from high-volume esophageal centers report an approximate 40% 5-year survival in patients treated with curative intent and postoperative mortality rates of less than 4%. An objective analysis of factors that underpin current benchmarks within high-volume centers has not been performed.
- Clinical T2-T3N0M0 esophageal cancer: the risk of node positive disease.
- Authors: Stiles BM, Mirza F, Coppolino A, Port JL, Lee PC, Paul S, Altorki NK
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Predictors of long-term survival after resection of esophageal carcinoma with nonregional nodal metastases.
- Authors: Lee PC, Port JL, Paul S, Stiles BM, Altorki NK
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Pathologic nonresponders after neoadjuvant chemoradiation for esophageal cancer demonstrate no survival benefit compared with patients treated with primary esophagectomy.
- Authors: Dittrick GW, Weber JM, Shridhar R, Hoffe S, Melis M, Almhanna K, Barthel J, McLoughlin J, Karl RC, Meredith KL
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Nodal metastasis from locally advanced esophageal cancer: how neoadjuvant therapy modifies their frequency and distribution.
- Authors: Castoro C, Scarpa M, Cagol M, Ruol A, Cavallin F, Alfieri R, Zanchettin G, Rugge M, Ancona E
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Outcome after esophagectomy for cancer of the esophagus and GEJ in patients aged over 75 years.
- Authors: Internullo E, Moons J, Nafteux P, Coosemans W, Decker G, De Leyn P, Van Raemdonck D, Lerut T
- Issue date: 2008 Jun