Quantification of organ motion during chemoradiotherapy of rectal cancer using cone-beam computed tomography.
AffiliationRoyal Marsden National Health Service Foundation Trust, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom.
KeywordsCone-Beam Computed Tomography
Aged, 80 and over
Analysis of Variance
Cone-Beam Computed Tomography
Radiotherapy Planning, Computer-Assisted
Radiotherapy Setup Errors
MetadataShow full item record
CitationQuantification of organ motion during chemoradiotherapy of rectal cancer using cone-beam computed tomography. 2011, 81 (4):e431-8 Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys.
JournalInternational journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics
AbstractThere has been no previously published data related to the quantification of rectal motion using cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) during standard conformal long-course chemoradiotherapy. The purpose of the present study was to quantify the interfractional changes in rectal movement and dimensions and rectal and bladder volume using CBCT and to quantify the bony anatomy displacements to calculate the margins required to account for systematic (Σ) and random (σ) setup errors.
- Evaluation of margins in pelvic lymph nodes and prostate radiotherapy and the impact of bladder and rectum on prostate position.
- Authors: Marnouche EA, Hadadi K, Abdelhak M, Benlemlih M, Hommadi M, Zaghba N, Andaloussi Saghir K, Elmarjany M, Sifat H, Mansouri H
- Issue date: 2021 Apr
- Feasibility of Gold Fiducial Markers as a Surrogate for Gross Tumor Volume Position in Image-Guided Radiation Therapy of Rectal Cancer.
- Authors: van den Ende RPJ, Kerkhof EM, Rigter LS, van Leerdam ME, Peters FP, van Triest B, Staring M, Marijnen CAM, van der Heide UA
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 1
- Analysis of interfraction prostate motion using megavoltage cone beam computed tomography.
- Authors: Bylund KC, Bayouth JE, Smith MC, Hass AC, Bhatia SK, Buatti JM
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 1
- A cone beam CT-Based Study for Clinical Target Definition Using Pelvic Anatomy During Postprostatectomy Radiotherapy.
- Authors: Showalter TN, Nawaz AO, Xiao Y, Galvin JM, Valicenti RK
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 1
- Sequential simulation computed tomography allows assessment of internal rectal movements during preoperative chemoradiotherapy in rectal cancer.
- Authors: Yang DS, Lee JA, Yoon WS, Lee NK, Park YJ, Lee S, Kim CY
- Issue date: 2019 Jan-Mar