In silico analysis and DHPLC screening strategy identifies novel apoptotic gene targets of aberrant promoter hypermethylation in prostate cancer.
AuthorsMurphy, Therese M
Perry, Antoinette S
AffiliationProstate Molecular Oncology, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MeSHAdenovirus Infections, Human
Aged, 80 and over
Cell Line, Tumor
Chromatography, High Pressure Liquid
Gene Expression Regulation, Neoplastic
Nucleic Acid Denaturation
Promoter Regions, Genetic
Prostatic Intraepithelial Neoplasia
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIn silico analysis and DHPLC screening strategy identifies novel apoptotic gene targets of aberrant promoter hypermethylation in prostate cancer. 2011, 71 (1):1-17 Prostate
AbstractAberrant DNA methylation has been implicated as a key survival mechanism in cancer, whereby promoter hypermethylation silences genes essential for many cellular processes including apoptosis. Limited data is available on the methylation profile of apoptotic genes in prostate cancer (CaP). The aim of this study was to profile methylation of apoptotic-related genes in CaP using denaturing high performance liquid chromatography (DHPLC).
- Detailed analysis of expression and promoter methylation status of apoptosis-related genes in prostate cancer.
- Authors: Carvalho JR, Filipe L, Costa VL, Ribeiro FR, Martins AT, Teixeira MR, Jerónimo C, Henrique R
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- MT1G hypermethylation is associated with higher tumor stage in prostate cancer.
- Authors: Henrique R, Jerónimo C, Hoque MO, Nomoto S, Carvalho AL, Costa VL, Oliveira J, Teixeira MR, Lopes C, Sidransky D
- Issue date: 2005 May
- A quantitative promoter methylation profile of prostate cancer.
- Authors: Jerónimo C, Henrique R, Hoque MO, Mambo E, Ribeiro FR, Varzim G, Oliveira J, Teixeira MR, Lopes C, Sidransky D
- Issue date: 2004 Dec 15
- Aberrant CpG island hypermethylation of multiple genes in prostate cancer and prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia.
- Authors: Kang GH, Lee S, Lee HJ, Hwang KS
- Issue date: 2004 Feb
- The emergence of DNA methylation as a key modulator of aberrant cell death in prostate cancer.
- Authors: Murphy TM, Perry AS, Lawler M
- Issue date: 2008 Mar