Schizophrenia: a five-year follow-up of patient outcome following psycho-education for caregivers.
AffiliationDETECT Early Intervention in Psychosis Service, Avila House, Block 5, Blackrock Business Park, Carysfort Avenue, Co. Dublin, Ireland. firstname.lastname@example.org
Local subject classificationCAREGIVERS
Aged, 80 and over
Health Knowledge, Attitudes, Practice
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSchizophrenia: a five-year follow-up of patient outcome following psycho-education for caregivers. 2012, 27 (1):56-61 Eur. Psychiatry
JournalEuropean psychiatry : the journal of the Association of European Psychiatrists
AbstractThis study, which is among the first to examine outcome over five years, supports the efficacy of psycho-education for caregivers in improving outcome for patients. Caregivers should be encouraged to take up psycho-education where it is available.
- Effects of psycho-educational program on knowledge and attitude upon schizophrenia of schizophrenic patients' caregivers.
- Authors: Worakul P, Thavichachart N, Lueboonthavatchai P
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Caregiver psychoeducation for schizophrenia: is gender important?
- Authors: McWilliams S, Hill S, Mannion N, Kinsella A, O'Callaghan E
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- Efficacy of a psychoeducational intervention in improving relatives' knowledge about schizophrenia and reducing rehospitalisation.
- Authors: Cassidy E, Hill S, O'Callaghan E
- Issue date: 2001 Dec
- Psychoeducation and compliance in the treatment of schizophrenia: results of the Munich Psychosis Information Project Study.
- Authors: Pitschel-Walz G, Bäuml J, Bender W, Engel RR, Wagner M, Kissling W
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Long-term outcome of cognitive behaviour therapy clinical trials in central Scotland.
- Authors: Durham RC, Chambers JA, Power KG, Sharp DM, Macdonald RR, Major KA, Dow MG, Gumley AI
- Issue date: 2005 Nov