A randomised controlled trial of carer-focussed multi-family group psychoeducation in bipolar disorder.
AffiliationCluain Mhuire Family Centre, Newtownpark Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin and Health Research Board, Dublin 2, Ireland.
RANDOMISED CONTROLLED TRIAL
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA randomised controlled trial of carer-focussed multi-family group psychoeducation in bipolar disorder. 2012, 27 (4):281-4 Eur. Psychiatry
JournalEuropean psychiatry : the journal of the Association of European Psychiatrists
AbstractIn a RCT of family psychoeducation, 47 carers of 34 patients were allocated to one of three groups; Multifamily Group Psychoeducation, Solution Focussed Group Therapy or Treatment as Usual. Carers in both the MFGP intervention and the SFGP arm demonstrated greater knowledge and reduction in burden than those in the TAU arm.
- The impact of staging bipolar disorder on treatment outcome of family psychoeducation.
- Authors: Reinares M, Colom F, Rosa AR, Bonnín CM, Franco C, Solé B, Kapczinski F, Vieta E
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- Impact of caregiver group psychoeducation on the course and outcome of bipolar patients in remission: a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Reinares M, Colom F, Sánchez-Moreno J, Torrent C, Martínez-Arán A, Comes M, Goikolea JM, Benabarre A, Salamero M, Vieta E
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Family work in anorexia nervosa: a qualitative study of carers' experiences of two methods of family intervention.
- Authors: Whitney J, Currin L, Murray J, Treasure J
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Impact of a psychoeducational family intervention on caregivers of stabilized bipolar patients.
- Authors: Reinares M, Vieta E, Colom F, Martínez-Arán A, Torrent C, Comes M, Goikolea JM, Benabarre A, Sánchez-Moreno J
- Issue date: 2004 Sep-Oct
- Pre-post changes in psychosocial functioning among relatives of patients with depressive disorders after Brief Multifamily Psychoeducation: a pilot study.
- Authors: Katsuki F, Takeuchi H, Konishi M, Sasaki M, Murase Y, Naito A, Toyoda H, Suzuki M, Shiraishi N, Kubota Y, Yoshimatsu Y, Furukawa TA
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 11