A randomised controlled trial of carer-focussed multi-family group psychoeducation in bipolar disorder.
AffiliationCluain Mhuire Family Centre, Newtownpark Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin and Health Research Board, Dublin 2, Ireland.
RANDOMISED CONTROLLED TRIAL
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA randomised controlled trial of carer-focussed multi-family group psychoeducation in bipolar disorder. 2012, 27 (4):281-4 Eur. Psychiatry
JournalEuropean psychiatry : the journal of the Association of European Psychiatrists
AbstractIn a RCT of family psychoeducation, 47 carers of 34 patients were allocated to one of three groups; Multifamily Group Psychoeducation, Solution Focussed Group Therapy or Treatment as Usual. Carers in both the MFGP intervention and the SFGP arm demonstrated greater knowledge and reduction in burden than those in the TAU arm.
- The impact of staging bipolar disorder on treatment outcome of family psychoeducation.
- Authors: Reinares M, Colom F, Rosa AR, Bonnín CM, Franco C, Solé B, Kapczinski F, Vieta E
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- Clinical effectiveness and acceptability of structured group psychoeducation versus optimised unstructured peer support for patients with remitted bipolar disorder (PARADES): a pragmatic, multicentre, observer-blind, randomised controlled superiority trial.
- Authors: Morriss R, Lobban F, Riste L, Davies L, Holland F, Long R, Lykomitrou G, Peters S, Roberts C, Robinson H, Jones S, NIHR PARADES Psychoeducation Study Group.
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Impact of caregiver group psychoeducation on the course and outcome of bipolar patients in remission: a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Reinares M, Colom F, Sánchez-Moreno J, Torrent C, Martínez-Arán A, Comes M, Goikolea JM, Benabarre A, Salamero M, Vieta E
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Balancing ACT: evaluating the effectiveness of psychoeducation and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) groups for people with bipolar disorder: study protocol for pilot randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: O'Donoghue E, Clark A, Richardson M, Hodsoll J, Nandha S, Morris E, Kane F, O'Keeffe D, Butler L, Jolley S
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 13
- Brief group psychoeducation for caregivers of individuals with bipolar disorder: A randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Hubbard AA, McEvoy PM, Smith L, Kane RT
- Issue date: 2016 Aug