Tinzaparin is safe and effective in the management of hemodialysis catheter thrombosis.
AffiliationDepartment of Nephrology, The Children's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland. CathyQuinlan@mac.com
Catheterization, Central Venous
MetadataShow full item record
CitationTinzaparin is safe and effective in the management of hemodialysis catheter thrombosis., 58 (3):288-90 ASAIO J.
JournalASAIO journal (American Society for Artificial Internal Organs : 1992)
AbstractChildren on hemodialysis are at increased risk of thrombosis, especially when dialyzed via a central venous catheter (CVC); there are limited published data regarding the safety and efficacy of tinzaparin in this group. We conducted a retrospective chart review of all children in the National Pediatric Hemodialysis Centre for Ireland diagnosed with a CVC thrombus and treated with subcutaneous tinzaparin over a 10 year period. Seven children were treated with subcutaneous tinzaparin for 10 CVC thrombi. Tinzaparin was commenced at 175 IU/kg/day and the dose was titrated by measuring anti-factor Xa levels, aiming for levels of 0.3-1.0 IU/ml. Treatment was continued until resolution of the CVC thrombus. Restoration of normal flows during dialysis occurred within 3 days in all patients. There were no episodes of bleeding and all children tolerated the treatment well.
- Intravenous and subcutaneous weight-based dosing of the low molecular weight heparin tinzaparin (Innohep) in end-stage renal disease patients undergoing chronic hemodialysis.
- Authors: Hainer JW, Sherrard DJ, Swan SK, Barrett JS, Assaid CA, Fossler MJ, Cox DS, Williams RM, Pittenger AL, Stephenson CA, Hua TA
- Issue date: 2002 Sep
- Evaluation of the age-dependent dosing recommendations for the administration of daily tinzaparin in children with thrombosis.
- Authors: Musgrave KM, Webber K, Murphy P, Avery P, Biss TT
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Anti-Xa activity supports using a simple dosing algorithm for tinzaparin for anticoagulation in hemodialysis.
- Authors: Kirwan CJ, Baig ZF, Platton S, MacCullum PK, Ashman N
- Issue date: 2013
- Elderly patients treated with tinzaparin (Innohep) administered once daily (175 anti-Xa IU/kg): anti-Xa and anti-IIa activities over 10 days.
- Authors: Siguret V, Pautas E, Février M, Wipff C, Durand-Gasselin B, Laurent M, Andreux JP, d'Urso M, Gaussem P
- Issue date: 2000 Nov
- Comparison between standard heparin and tinzaparin for haemodialysis catheter lock.
- Authors: Malo J, Jolicoeur C, Theriault F, Lachaine J, Senecal L
- Issue date: 2010 Jan-Feb