Archive of the Cork Street Fever Hospital 1801- In October 1801 a group of men met in Dublin's Royal Exchange Buildings to consider a proposal to establish a fever hospital in Dublin. The institution they founded, the House of Recovery, Cork Street Fever Hospital opened its doors three years later in 1804. One of the initial proposals they considered at that meeting was a suggestion that the hospital publish an annual report outlining the events of the previous year. Although many of those reports no longer exist, a collection of reports from 1801 to 1818 was assembled by one of the original trustees, John Maquay. On his death in 1819 a bound copy was presented to the hospital board by his son. These have now been scanned into digital files.

Recent Submissions

View more