Endoscopic assessment of inflammatory bowel disease: colonoscopy/esophagogastroduodenoscopy.
AffiliationGastroenterology Department, Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown, Dublin, Republic of Ireland.
Endoscopy, Digestive System
Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEndoscopic assessment of inflammatory bowel disease: colonoscopy/esophagogastroduodenoscopy. 2012, 41 (2):271-90 Gastroenterol. Clin. North Am.
JournalGastroenterology clinics of North America
AbstractEndoscopy plays an important role in the initial diagnosis of IBD, including the evaluation of disease severity, activity, and extent. The implications of complete mucosal healing further confirm the function of endoscopy in the follow-up of IBD patients. The use of therapeutic endoscopy, for example stricture dilatation, can avoid the need for bowel resection. Modalities such as capsule endoscopy, EUS, NBI, CE, and other emerging techniques are likely to have an increasing role in the management of IBD, particularly in the area of dysplasia surveillance and treatment.
- The role of endoscopy in inflammatory bowel disease.
- Authors: Daperno M, Sostegni R, Lavagna A, Crocellà L, Ercole E, Rigazio C, Rocca R, Pera A
- Issue date: 2004 Sep-Oct
- [Endoscopy in inflammatory bowel disease].
- Authors: Ugljesić M
- Issue date: 2000
- Endoscopy in inflammatory bowel disease.
- Authors: Carter D, Lang A, Eliakim R
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Repeat endoscopy affects patient management in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease.
- Authors: Thakkar K, Lucia CJ, Ferry GD, McDuffie A, Watson K, Tsou M, Gilger MA
- Issue date: 2009 Mar
- Endoscopy in inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Authors: Hommes DW, van Deventer SJ
- Issue date: 2004 May