A NOS1 variant implicated in cognitive performance influences evoked neural responses during a high density EEG study of early visual perception.
Morris, Derek W
Da Costa, Andreia
Foxe, John J
AffiliationNeuropsychiatric Genetics Group and Department of Psychiatry, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Trinity College Dublin, St. James Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland.
MetadataShow full item record
CitationA NOS1 variant implicated in cognitive performance influences evoked neural responses during a high density EEG study of early visual perception. 2012, 33 (5):1202-11 Hum Brain Mapp
JournalHuman brain mapping
AbstractThe nitric oxide synthasase-1 gene (NOS1) has been implicated in mental disorders including schizophrenia and variation in cognition. The NOS1 variant rs6490121 identified in a genome wide association study of schizophrenia has recently been associated with variation in general intelligence and working memory in both patients and healthy participants. Whether this variant is also associated with variation in early sensory processing remains unclear.
- Influence of NOS1 on verbal intelligence and working memory in both patients with schizophrenia and healthy control subjects.
- Authors: Donohoe G, Walters J, Morris DW, Quinn EM, Judge R, Norton N, Giegling I, Hartmann AM, Möller HJ, Muglia P, Williams H, Moskvina V, Peel R, O'Donoghue T, Owen MJ, O'Donovan MC, Gill M, Rujescu D, Corvin A
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- The NOS1 variant rs6490121 is associated with variation in prefrontal function and grey matter density in healthy individuals.
- Authors: Rose EJ, Greene C, Kelly S, Morris DW, Robertson IH, Fahey C, Jacobson S, O'Doherty J, Newell FN, McGrath J, Bokde A, Garavan H, Frodl T, Gill M, Corvin AP, Donohoe G
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Visual information processing deficits as biomarkers of vulnerability to schizophrenia: an event-related potential study in schizotypy.
- Authors: Koychev I, El-Deredy W, Haenschel C, Deakin JF
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- Early sensory contributions to contextual encoding deficits in schizophrenia.
- Authors: Dias EC, Butler PD, Hoptman MJ, Javitt DC
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Influence of functional variant of neuronal nitric oxide synthase on impulsive behaviors in humans.
- Authors: Reif A, Jacob CP, Rujescu D, Herterich S, Lang S, Gutknecht L, Baehne CG, Strobel A, Freitag CM, Giegling I, Romanos M, Hartmann A, Rösler M, Renner TJ, Fallgatter AJ, Retz W, Ehlis AC, Lesch KP
- Issue date: 2009 Jan