Cinacalcet reduces plasma intact parathyroid hormone, serum phosphate and calcium levels in patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism irrespective of its severity.
AuthorsFrazão, J M
Mellotte, G J
Hagen, E C
Quarles, L D
Kerr, P G
AffiliationSchool of Medicine, Porto University, Porto, Portugal. email@example.com
Aged, 80 and over
Randomized Controlled Trials as Topic
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCinacalcet reduces plasma intact parathyroid hormone, serum phosphate and calcium levels in patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism irrespective of its severity. 2011, 76 (3):233-43 Clin. Nephrol.
AbstractTo evaluate the relationship between the severity of secondary hyperparathyroidism (SHPT) - defined in terms of baseline plasma intact parathyroid hormone (iPTH) level - and the magnitude of response to cinacalcet.
- [Retrospective assessment of effective and safety of cinacalcet for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism depending on basal iPTH level].
- Authors: Mercadal Orfila G, Blasco Mascaró I
- Issue date: 2012 Jan-Feb
- Cinacalcet for managing secondary hyperparathyroidism in dialysis patients in clinical practice in Belgium: a 16-month observational study (ECHO-B).
- Authors: Debelle F, Meeus G, Dratwa M, Maes B, Vanholder R, Albert A, Schutyser E, Jadoul M
- Issue date: 2013 Jul-Aug
- [German observational trial on secondary hyperparathyroidism therapy with cinacalcet (EARLY)].
- Authors: Reichel H, Braun J
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to assess the efficacy and safety of cinacalcet HCl in participants with CKD not receiving dialysis.
- Authors: Chonchol M, Locatelli F, Abboud HE, Charytan C, de Francisco AL, Jolly S, Kaplan M, Roger SD, Sarkar S, Albizem MB, Mix TC, Kubo Y, Block GA
- Issue date: 2009 Feb
- Impact of vitamin D dose on biochemical parameters in patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism receiving cinacalcet.
- Authors: Wilkie M, Pontoriero G, Macário F, Yaqoob M, Bouman K, Braun J, von Albertini B, Brink H, Maduell F, Graf H, Frazão JM, Bos WJ, Torregrosa V, Saha H, Reichel H, Zani VJ, Carter D, Messa P
- Issue date: 2009