AuthorsCooney, Marie Therese
De Bacquer, Dirk
AffiliationDepartment of Cardiology, Adelaide Meath Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.
Reproducibility of Results
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCardiovascular risk age: concepts and practicalities. 2012, 98 (12):941-6 Heart
JournalHeart (British Cardiac Society)
AbstractA young person with many risk factors may have the same level of risk as an older person with no risk factors. Thus a high-risk 40-year-old may have a risk age of 60 years or more. The aim of the study was to derive a generic equation for risk age, construct risk age charts, and explore the hypothesis that risk age is similar regardless of the cardiovascular disease (CVD) end point used.
- Are traditional risk factors valid for assessing cardiovascular risk in end-stage renal failure patients?
- Authors: Shah DS, Polkinghorne KR, Pellicano R, Kerr PG
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Recalibration and validation of the SCORE risk chart in the Australian population: the AusSCORE chart.
- Authors: Chen L, Tonkin AM, Moon L, Mitchell P, Dobson A, Giles G, Hobbs M, Phillips PJ, Shaw JE, Simmons D, Simons LA, Fitzgerald AP, De Backer G, De Bacquer D
- Issue date: 2009 Oct
- Established cardiovascular disease and CVD risk factors in a primary care population of middle-aged Irish men and women.
- Authors: Creagh D, Neilson S, Collins A, Colwell N, Hinchion R, Drew C, O'Halloran D, Perry IJ
- Issue date: 2002 Nov-Dec
- Predicting the impact of population level risk reduction in cardio-vascular disease and stroke on acute hospital admission rates over a 5 year period--a pilot study.
- Authors: Whitfield MD, Gillett M, Holmes M, Ogden E
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Comparison of three different methods of assessing cardiovascular disease risk in New Zealanders with Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Authors: Metcalf PA, Wells S, Scragg RK, Jackson R
- Issue date: 2008 Sep 5